Tri-County owns 6 single family-homes and 6 apartment buildings. These building are located at scattered sites in the cities of Rock Falls, Sterling, Dixon and Wyanet. Together they provide 22 units of affordable rental housing for very low-income households. All Tri-County rental units are rented at below market rates. To view available units, click here.…
Assists individuals with voucher shelter, in an emergency situation, to prevent homelessness using funding provided through the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).
- Income under 200% poverty
- Must be literally homeless and unable to stay at a homeless shelter.
- Must lack financial resources to obtain shelter on their own.
- Must not have received help in the last 2 years.
Provides individuals and families with a one-time assistance for rent/deposit to prevent homelessness using funding provided through the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).
- Income under 200% poverty (unless literally homeless)
- Have an eviction, past due or foreclosure statement
- Proven financial crisis within the last 90days
- One-time assistance
- Rent must be affordable no more than 50% of Net Income
- Have not received help in the last 2 years
- Lack financial resources to prevent homelessness without assistance
Provides assistance to homeless individuals and families to gain, or maintain, housing using funding provided through the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).
- Must be literally homeless (staying in an emergency shelter, safe haven, motel/hotel, street and/or place not meant for human habitation, or fleeing/attempting to flee domestic violence).
- Rent must be under Fair Market Value
- Must lack sufficient resources and support networks to retain housing.